Monday, March 6, 2017
I strongly disagree that watching a movie is way better than reading a book. I personally love books they can take you to places that are amazing and wonderful. Books have the ability to make you feel so happy for a person or, in my case, want to strangle a person. Sure movies are just another representation of the book, but most of the time they don't put in all the details or worse, they don't live up to your expectations. A really good author can have you imagine the setting in the book and the characters so it feels like you're with them. Until movies can do that I doubt I'll change my mind.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Nick is invited to Mr. Gatsby's extravagant parties
- he seems to be the only one to received an invitation
- the party is stocked with aged and fancy alcohol
- people are dancing everywhere
- nick finds Jordan Baker at the party and hangs close to her and then they find a drunk man inside Mr. Gatsby's library
- when sitting at a table ,nick started having a conversation with a guy from the war and he asked him where to find Mr.Gatsby
- but the man he was talking to turned out to be Mr.Gatsby
- after the party Mr. Gatsby invited nick to go on his hydroplane
- the drunk guy from the party crashed in front of the house and his wheel popped off
In chapter two
- Nick meets mr. Wilson , a mechanic, when Tom Buchanan takes him to the city
- He meets myrtle, tom's mistress who is married to mr wilson, and Tom tells her to take the train to the city
- They meet up with myrtle and then they go to her apartment which is pack to the brim with furniture
- She invites her sister and friend who come over so they can have a party
- Myrtles sister tells nick that neither Tom nor myrtle can stand who they are married to
- Everyone gets drunk and then myrtle starts screaming Daisy's name and then he breaks her nose.
Friday, February 3, 2017
- Nick Carraway the narrator of our story and war veteran in World War 1. He was taught to pass no judgements on people so people tend to lay out all there secrets on him, which he hates.
- Daisy Buchanan, his second cousin twice removed, spouse to Tom Buchanan. I consider her spoiled and uncontent with her life.
- Tom Buchanan, all around dick, married to Daisy and very wealthy. Is thought to have a woman on the side and is a racist.
- Jordan Baker a female pro golfer and busybody.
- Gatsby a mysterious neighbor of Nick's
- Long Island at west and east egg
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Is this really a happy New Year? We all hope it will be , but will it. Last year we had plenty of bad things happen we had the Paris bombings, the need for Black Lives Matter protests, and the presidential election that divided many of us. There were people going around saying 2017 will be better, but will we let it? Will we let our country be torn apart and divided because of our choices, our mistakes? And will we just wish it to end just like 2016? Or will we change it?
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
2016. F2016 for me was a very crappy year not because of the election, like probably everyone is going to to say, but because of the amount of stress I had on me. The scariest thing I feel that could happen to me is my parents feeling disappointed in me and last year I felt that. I was trying my best last year, but I still felt that wasn't enough, so I started to somewhat shut down. But this year the best thing I could do for myself is try harder and if that still isn't enough at least I know I tried and if my parents are disappointed at least I won't be disappointed in myself.