Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Hug is Nearly A Gun Spelled Backwards

Some people might disagree with me on this topic but since its my own thoughts on it I could really care less what other people think. I feel that personal relations aren't as important as patriotism because I as a person have always been patriotic. Patriotism means the love and devotion for their country. Devotion means being loyal to something as your country, as in not just your relatives. I'm not saying that personal relations aren't important but compared to the regard you hold for your country it is a little lower on the scale.
In the past we have already had to chose between our personal relations and our country which was around the American Revolution and afterwards we felt a sense of pride for defending our country. Also patriotism is important because without the want to serve this country how many people would join the military or law enforcement. These people feel a sense of pride working to protect the people and our country and without that I doubt the America we know would exist today. Others might feel that personal relations are more important than patriotism because family is everything to them. I don't necessarily disagree with them family is important ,but the loyalty to our nation is significant and needed.

5 comments:

  1. I think this is the first essay that disagrees with that one dude (I forgot his name, whoops lol); it's super interesting :p Add a lil more detail and it'll be on point :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great essay; I like it. You should make a hook to get the readers attention though. Your thesis statement is great because it's written as if you're really passionate about the subject. You have good evidence which really makes the reader think. Use commas by the way. Some of your sentences don't make sense without them. Overall, you have a great essay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. same^ plus i like how you express your point of view on patriotism and the examples you give

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people wrote that they agree with E.M Foster but it's interesting to know that someone disagrees with him. I like the examples given and your points of view on patriotism. I really liked your first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people wrote that they agree with E.M Foster but it's interesting to know that someone disagrees with him. I like the examples given and your points of view on patriotism. I really liked your first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete